43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

KMC Cafferty: What is the coldest place on earth?

Thursday, December 12, 2013

What is the coldest place on earth?

Antarctic plateaus are connected by almost imperceptible ridges. According to just identify a scientific study, its record number of degrees Celsius was recorded on August 10, 2010.
Can you imagine how they feel 93.2 degrees below zero (-135.76 degrees Fahrenheit)? Well this is the chilling temperature of the coldest place on earth.

If you want to check, you can find this refescante site in the heart of Antarctica.
And researchers believe this is responsible for only a preliminary result: it is likely, they say, that when refine the information obtained by several space temperature sensors should add another degree below zero.
The previous record reached a minimum of -89.2 ° C (-128.56 ° F) and had also been measured in Antarctica, the Russian base at Vostok in 1983.
"These low temperatures are difficult to imagine," said Ted Scambos, National Center for Snow and Ice Data U.S. in Boulder, Colorado.
To give an idea, Scambos told the BBC that the cold is almost as low as zero extreme heat is the boiling point of water on zero (almost 100 º C or 212 º F).
"This new minimum is 50 degrees cooler than temperatures in Alaska or Siberia, and about 30 degrees colder than the lowest temperatures in Greenland."
"The cold snap right now feels in parts of North America seems bland in comparison," said the scientist.
Icy Duffels
Scambos involved these days in San Francisco at the fall meeting of the Union of American Geophysical (AGU, for its acronym in English), the largest annual convention of experts in geoscience.
He and his colleagues have been examining data collected over 30 years by polar orbiting satellites.
The scientists observed that the coldest time in Antarctica occur during the winter months in high places where extremely clear, dry air allows heat to be radiated into space very efficiently.
Many of these super cold spots are like "pearls" of a necklace made up of ridges connecting the highlands inside the polar continent.
Are not just on the edges of those peaks, but further back and downhill.
"The cold air near the surface flows downhill because it is denser and reaches these topographic shallow wells," Scambos explained.
"If you're standing in one of those places that is hard to notice that it is a shoal, since the slope is very gentle and very superficial. But is this enough to catch air. "
"Once these low lands, the air can be cooled even more and get to three or four degrees lower than the previous record of Vostok".
The cold pockets are located on a line running hundreds of miles between the plateau known as Domo Domo Argus and Fuji. In all of them the same as low of -92 º C temperatures between -94 º C and (-197.6 ° and -201.2 ° F) are reached.
The -93.2 ° C (-199.76 ° F) were recorded on a point at 81.8 degrees south latitude and 59.3 degrees east longitude.
Iran Heat, cold on the Moon
One space instruments used for this study is the Thermal Infrared Sensor part Landsat-8, just launched into space.
This sensor has a high resolution, but scientists say that as it is so new they need more time to calibrate and understand your data.
"I warn you not include Guinness this result in his book of world records because I think the numbers will be adjusted during the next year," Scambos told the BBC.
"However, I am now sure that we know where are the coldest places on the planet and why they are there."
For comparison, the hottest point on Earth was recorded, thanks to a satellite sensor-in Lut desert in southeastern Iran, where he came to 70.7 ° C (159.26 ° F in 2005.
And looking much further into the solar system, is likely to be the coldest place in a dark crater some planetary body without appreciable atmosphere. On the Moon were detected temperatures -238 ° C (-460.4 ° F).

20 comments:

  1. Dalam Kongres Nasional XXI Persatuan Insinyur Indonesia (PII), Heru Dewanto terpilih menjadi Ketua Umum PII periode 2018-2021. Di era kepemimpinannya, Heru punya agenda besar yaitu mentransformasi PII, dari yang semula lembaga swadaya masyarakat (LSM), menjadi institusi yang menyelenggarakan registrasi dan sertifikasi keinsinyuran guna meningkatkan profesionalisme insinyur di Tanah Air.
    Thanks for sharing quality
    will help you more:
    heru dewanto pii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google pay 95145$ consistently my last paycheck was $9452163 working 10 hours out of every week on the web. My more young kin buddy has been averaging 15k all through the ongoing months and he works around 24 hours consistently. I can't confide in how straightforward it was once I endeavored it out. This is my primary concern...go to this site home media tech tab for more detail thank you GOOD LUCK.
    If you can't see the link please copy and paste the below link to your browser:
    HERE► www.Inforrmation.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made $84, 8254 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I'm using an online business opportunity I heard about and I'AM made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Here's what I do for more information simply open this link thank you..... ☛...Usa Online Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich bin gemacht $ 84, 8254 so weit in diesem Jahr Online arbeiten und ich bin ein Vollzeit-student. Ich benutze eine online-Geschäftsmöglichkeit, von der ich gehört habe und ich bin so viel Geld verdient. Es ist wirklich benutzerfreundlich, und ich bin einfach nur froh, dass ich fand heraus, über es. Hier ist, was ich Tue. für weitere Informationen öffnen Sie einfach diesen link danke.... www.dollars9.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Start now earning cash every month online from home. Getting paid more than $15k by doing an easy job online. I have made $19715 in last 4 weeks from this job. Easy to join and earning from this are just awesome. Join this right now by follow instructions here...... www.dollars9.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. m making over $13k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.last month her pay check was $12712 just working on the laptop for a few hours. This is what I do,
    ↓↓↓↓COPY THIS WEBSITE↓↓↓↓

    HERE☛ https://www.news701.com.  

    ReplyDelete
  7. m making over $13k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.last month her pay check was $12712 just working on the laptop for a few hours. This is what I do,.......Usa Online Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making $89/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying site Copy and paste Link ----->> https://bit.ly/3hp3hGw 

    ReplyDelete
  9. In 2021, start earning cash from your home and getting paid(500$ to 700$ / hour ) by this job. These are the best online jobs I’ve made $84, 8254 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. Join it today here..
     ———————>>> ONLINE JOBS 2021

    ReplyDelete
  10. Single Mom With 4 Kids Lost Her Job But Was Able To Stay On Top By Banking Continuously 1500 Dollars Per Week With An Online Work She Found Over The Internet TRUMP TO WIN AND GIFT TO THE JOBS… Check The Details....______www.inforrmation.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. m making over $13k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.last month her pay check was $12712 just working on the laptop for a few hours. This is what I do,....... www.besttrends7.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. >>>>>>PART TIME JOB FOR AMERICAN GIRLS AND BOYS>>>>>>>

    I am making $200 to $300per hour doing online work from home. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.if you interested…Go to this link, fill out a basic online form and hit submit at,Home Profit System And Follow The instructions as Home Profit System And Set Up your AcCount..GOOD LUCK★★

    ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

    HERE………http://www.jobget6.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. [ 𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐔𝐒 ] ★𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝟏𝟓𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬… 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟑-𝟒 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬/𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝟗𝟓 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐧……….☛ http://www.jobget6.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour…. for more info visit any tab this site Thanks a lot
    ==>=>) www.ecash6.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Guys, how are you? I hope all is well. But I know 70% out of 100% one ishu the ishu is money. I know guys before me who have the same ihsu but today I'm happy? I Started online work I just started this 4 weeks ago. I've got my FIRST check total of $850, pretty cool. I hope you tried it. You don't need to invest anything. Just click and open the page to click the first statement and check jobs ...... Home Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  16. ●▬▬▬▬PART TIME JOBS▬▬▬▬▬●i am making a good salary from home 1200 to 2500 Dollars per week.which is amazing, under a year back I was jobless in a horrible economy. I thank God every day I was blessed with these instructions and now it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with Everyone, Check more information on this website.... ↓↓↓↓THIS SITE↓↓↓↓ HERE► www.jobget6.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Guys, how are you? I hope all is well. But I know 70% out of 100% one ishu the ishu is money. I know guys before me who have the same ihsu but today I'm happy? I Started online work I just started this 4 weeks ago. I've got my FIRST check total of $850, pretty cool. I hope you tried it. You don't need to invest anything. Just click and open the page to click the first statement and check jobs ...... >>>> www.jobget6.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic work-from-home opportunity for everyone…Work for three to eight hrs. a day and start getting paid in the range of 13,000 to 19,000 dollars a month…Weekly payments…And best thing is. It’s so Easy…

    follow details on this website……. 𝘄𝘄𝘄.𝗝𝗼𝗯𝘀𝟳𝟬.𝗰𝗼𝗺

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic work-from-home opportunity for everyone…Work for three to eight hrs. a day and start getting paid in the range of 13,000 to 19,000 dollars a month…Weekly payments…And best thing is. It’s so Easy…

    follow details on this website……. 𝘄𝘄𝘄.works43.𝗰𝗼𝗺

    ReplyDelete